1. No professional photographers, please (you know who you are).
2. Photos must be entered in one of four categories (Boats, Places, People or Wildlife) and must have been taken on or along the Chesapeake Bay or its tributaries.
3. All entries must be 8 x 10 color prints (on photographic paper) and must be clearly labeled on the back with the photographer's name, address, e-mail, daytime and evening phone numbers, category entered, camera used, and a very brief description of the photograph. Prints from digital photos must be accompanied by a clearly labeled CD containing the original file. If submitting more than one photo, they may all be put onto one disk.
4. There is no limit to the number of photographs you may enter, as long as each is clearly labeled.
5. Entries must be post-marked or hand-delivered no later than March 15, 2014
Chesapeake Bay Magazine
2012 Photo Contest
1819 Bay Ridge Ave., Suite 180
Annapolis, MD 21403
6. By entering the contest you automatically convey to Chesapeake Bay Magazine and its affiliated publications and websites unlimited nonexclusive publishing rights to each photograph submitted.
7. Winners of the 2013 Best of the Bay Photo Contest are ineligible for the 2014 contest. Employees, and relatives thereof, of Chesapeake Bay Magazine and its affiliated publications are not eligible to participate.
JUDGING & PRIZES
The entries will be judged on the merits of image quality, subject matter and composition by Chesapeake Bay Magazine
editors, art staff and photographers. The winners in each category will receive
of $200 (first place), $150 (second place) and $100 (third place), and the winning photos will be published as part of our 2014 Best of the Bay report.