1. No professional photographers, please (you know who you are).
2. Photos must be entered in one of four categories—Boats, Places, People or Wildlife—and must have been taken on or along the Chesapeake Bay or its tributaries.
3. All entries must be 8 x 10 color prints(on photographic paper) and must be clearly labeled on the back with the photographer’s name, address, e-mail, daytime and evening phone numbers, category entered, camera used, and a very brief description of the photograph. Prints from digital photos must be accompanied by a clearly labeled CD containing the raw image file.
4. There is no limit to the number of photographs entered, as long as each isclearly labeled.
5. Entries must be mailed or hand-delivered to Chesapeake Bay Magazine, 2006 Photo Contest, 1819 Bay Ridge Ave., Suite 180, Annapolis, MD 21403, no later than December 15, 2006.
6. By entering the contest you automatically convey to Chesapeake Bay Magazine and its affiliated publications and websites unlimited nonexclusive publishing rights to each photograph submitted.
7. Employees, and relatives thereof, of Chesapeake Bay Magazine and its affiliated publications are not eligible to participate.
Judging & Prizes
The entries will be judged on the merits of image quality, subject matter and composition by Chesapeake Bay Magazine editors, art staff and photographers. The winners in each category will receive cash awards of $200 (first place), $150 (second place) and $100 (third place), and the winning photos will be published as part of our annual Best of the Bay report in the June 2007 issue.